Monday 19 May 2014

The Primal blueprint 10 laws - some action points to work on

Its been a while since my last post and I've been way too busy with revision for my exam (social psychology) to finish my planned post of the benefits of the primal blueprint ten laws specifically for type 1 diabetics.
F*****g exams
So, as a quick replacement until time makes itself free once again; here are ten action points that I am planning to implement over the next few weeks or months in order to better meet each of the ten laws. See my previous posts, or marksdailyapple for more information about the primal blueprint laws themselves.

1. Eat Lots of Plants and Animals
Eat a wider variety of plants and animals - I've been relying too much on salad-style meals to accompany the different meats I cook and if I'm honest, I'm getting pretty bored of it. Steaming veg for lunch meals will help me increase the variety here.

2. Avoid Poisonous Things
In general, I do pretty well here now. I've quelled my love of cheesecake and my sugary sweet tooth is focused on dark chocolate at the minute which seems to be working. Next step is to reduce the artificial sugars I take. I will do this by using less in tea, and subbing regular tea for green/herbal tea more often during the day.

3. Move Frequently at a Slow Pace
Meet my minimum quota of two 6 minutes mobility exercises daily, ideally first thing in the morning and late afternoon or early evening. This should be on top of any other specific mobility, compensation or training days.

4. Lift Heavy Things
Continue working to complete Tacfit Commando mission 2 (then 3) at level 3 over the next month and a half. Then a month of trial by fire and flow-fit.

5. Sprint Once in a While
Gradually introduce running sprints into the week. Starting with a few 30 second rounds of sprinting, and gradually building up over the next few months. Cant focus too much here or I will risk hindering my lift heavy things goals.

6. Get Adequate Sleep
No TV, computer or mobile phones/tablets 30+ minutes before sleep. This is especially important at the minute because my sleeping hasn't been great

7. Play
Make time to play, especially with the family at the weekends (when I am not working), if not then playing with my dog (barney). Find an activity that we can all, especially me and Claire can enjoy and find fun in free time, rather than just waste it in front of the TV.

8. Get Adequate Sunlight
Dog walks in the sun! yes, we actually have some sun out now, and it's pretty great

9. Avoid Stupid Mistakes
As I am beginning to use my Vibram fivefingers more often, the stupid mistake to avoid is using them too frequently, or for too long a period. I want to build up to using the vibrams as much as possible in favor of regular restrictive shoes, but must be careful in doing so.

10. Use Your Brain
MSc Dissertation project - this is going to tax my brain to the max over the summer. My action point is to ensure that other brain activities are going on as well; reading fiction, learning a new skill or re-visiting the guitar.

I lied, there are 11; however, this last action point should be maintained always and kept as a constant lifestyle choice as part of the primal blueprint.

11 - Be Badass, everyday
The primal blueprint is nature and evolution's method of creating awesome people who not only meet their potential, but exceed it and push the boundaries to new heights. There are no limits, just plateaus to break through. Be badass and be awesome, everyday - by being the best you, or in this case, the best me.

In the words of the great Scott Sonnon


Stay Strong when Tempted.
Stay Brave when Frightened.
Stay Grateful when Defeated.
Stay Humble when Victorious.
Be Helpful when Discouraged.
Be Hopeful when Overwhelmed.
Be Badass Everyday.

Respectfully,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment